Our objective is to assist immigrants and refugees obtain long-term employment based upon degrees or certificates they have received from their country of origin.
The SE Works Career Coach:
- Works with customers to develop an individualized employment plan
- Assists customers with professional credentialing assessment and licensing assistance.
- Provides referrals for skill training
- Educates on American work culture
- Provide job retention strategies and placement support that aids customers in obtaining and maintain long-term, career track employment.
Since 1997, SE Works has offered services to immigrants and refugees. We have provided support, guidance and referrals for those experiencing ELL challenges, unemployment, lacking credential recognition, and struggling with integration into their new community.
- WIOA enrollment to ensure access to all workshops, products and services region wide.
- Access to education and job training (e.g., short term vocational and occupational skills training, EOP training opportunities)
- Individualized Career Coaching: including career mapping, development of an employment plan, job retention strategies, workforce readiness training, and short and long-term career-track placement support
- Assistance with credential assessment and recognition.
- Employment Workshops: Products and services offered through WSPM regional WorkSource Centers
- Support services (e.g., transportation assistance, child care, identification, textbooks, and clothing)