Our objective is to to assist formerly incarcerated individuals to gain and maintain long term employment utilizing a person first workforce development approach.
Career Coaches work individually with customers to develop an individualized employment plan, provide job retention strategies and placement support that aids customers in obtaining and maintain long-term, career track employment.
Funded by the City of Portland, Portland Development Commission Economic Opportunity Program, and PDX Rentry Employment Services.
The program was developed in 2010 to address the employment needs of former justice involved individuals. The program offers vocational case management, career and work readiness, job development and support services to 80 individuals. We offer universal access and do not impose the restrictive eligibility criteria of DOL grants for Justice Involved Individuals.
Current Program Funding
- Portland Development Commission has aligned funding with the local Workforce Investment Board.
- WorkSystems, Inc. now administers the funding in partnership with the City of Portland PDC.
Program offerings include:
- Road to Success transition curriculum (focused on employment, relationships, money management, housing).
- Career mapping workshop. Developed by Oregon Disability Navigators, this 4-6 hour workshop is excellent in helping individuals recognize strengths and barriers, identify resources, and build a person-centered career plan.
- WIOA-funded American Job Centers to provide access to WIOA services and products. We have on site partners, including Oregon Employment Department, leveraged resources, and wrap-around supports.